Sunday, February 18

Mandinka


We've been listening to our iPods on shuffle, which is a great way to rediscover music that I'd not heard in awhile, like Sinead O'Connor's first album, The Lion and the Cobra. This album was very big for me in 1988-89.

Here's a video for "Mandinka". I vividly remember watching this very video on MTV's 120 Minutes.



At the time, many people were fixated on her lack of hair, but her voice is amazing. Here's a video of a live performance that demonstrates her vocal skills. The song is "This is the Last Day of Our Acquaintance".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just replenished my collection with the sinead o'connor album about a month ago. i remember seeing her on MTV and going to a minneapolis record store and buying the cassette. what a great album. it's on my iPod right now, too!

Anonymous said...

ps. (that previous comment was mine.) i upgraded my satellite package just so i can watch VH1 classic. what a great channel!
s.