Tuesday, July 17

Day Tripper

The boys and I took a short drive north today to visit my folks, who are camping near the fish hatchery south of Garrison Dam. It's a beautiful campground, much like our own Sibley Park, and very quiet on a Tuesday afternoon.

Here's their rig:


And a few shots of the front porch:






On the way home, I listened to U2's Joshua Tree. I was transported back in time to 1987-88 when I attended Headquarters Academy of Hair Design in Minot. I listened to that album a lot that year on my weekly drive back to Bismarck on Friday nights.

Moments after the first song started, Dylan said, "This is "Where The Streets Have No Name". I said, "Ten points for Gryffindor!" Pretty good for an 8-year-old.

I took some snaps on the way home, too:

Windmills


Connor working on his Star Wars coloring book


Dylan zonked in mid-erase


It was a great little trip, and nice to get out of town and do something different for a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have tagged along on that roadtrip! s.

Jodi said...

Looks like fun! Glad to see your folks enjoying retirement! Good one Dylan! We are working on Zoe's musical knowledge- if we had any good music stations in Glendive it would be going much faster!