Monday, June 16

We'll Be Loyal Scouts

Dylan and I spent the weekend at the Heart Butte Boy Scout reservation on Lake Tschida for the Webelos Cub Scout camp. Here are some pictures of the busy weekend we had.


Our lodging...a nice tent, but the night was cold and the ground was hard.


Saluting the flag...very tall poles on a very wind-swept bluff.


Raising the ND flag


Climbing tower...I took a turn, too, for my first time on a climbing tower, and I'm proud to say that I made it to the top. Sorry, no pictures to post of that.


Fishing...not Dylan's favorite activity


Canoeing...Dylan's favorite activity of the weekend.


BB guns


Archery...another activity that I tried. I managed to put 10 out of 15 arrows into the board. It's been about 25 years since I fired an arrow in junior high phy ed, so I was pretty happy.


Campfire...who doesn't love a campfire?

Dylan had a terrific experience at his first overnight scout camp. As we drove away on Sunday, he asked if he could come back next year. Yep, but next time I'm bringing an air mattress.

No comments: