Thursday, October 19

Shades of Indigo


I used to be a real Indigo Girls fan. Fanatic, actually. I spent lots of money on CD's, guitar books, clothes, bumper stickers, posters. I even had an Indigo Girls license plate, although most people thought it read "North Dakota Go Girl". I had Amy and Emily sign a photo of myself with my license plate:

Funny!


We traveled east to see them play four times in the 90's: twice in Fargo, once at the Northrop in St. Paul, and once at the Shakopee, MN, stop of the inaugural Lilith Fair tour in 1997. Here's a great shot of Shari and me at that show:

Anyway, after Dylan was born, I sort of lost touch with much of my music, including Indigo Girls. I did manage to buy their new releases, but I dropped my fan club membership and stopped being totally obsessive. Then this week I stumbled onto their website and discovered that they have a new CD out. The online samples were really good, so I ran out and bought it. It's terrific! My favorite song is "Rock and Roll Heaven's Gage" with guest vocals by Pink. So cool!

I doubt that they'll oust Oasis from the top of my playlist, but it's nice to be back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

look how cute you are!
you go, ND GIRL!

Michele said...

Who said that??

Anonymous said...

oh. sorry. it was me. shari.