Sunday, May 6

JFK Spring Show

Saturday was the culmination of my Just For Kix dance season, with our Spring Show. All my classes (200 dancers) performed for a crowd of about 500 people. It went great, and what a relief that it's over!

Here's a picture of the flowers I got from my dancers:

The roses on the right are from an 8th grader who is leaving Just For Kix because she made the dance team at Century High. Her card reads, "These seven roses are for the seven years that you helped me blossom into a beautiful dancer." [sniff] I also got some very nice gifts from my Senior Kix class, a bracelet and a fleece blanket. How thoughtful. I was especially honored to recognize my first ten-year dancer. I had a plaque made with photos from her first year (in 1st grade) and this year (10th grade).

Now I have the parade this week (rehearsal tomorrow, parade Friday), and after that, I'm off until the first week of August. Just enough time to recharge and get pumped for another season of dance classes!

No comments: