Tuesday, February 12

My Grammy Moments

Brad and I watched the Grammys (mostly in fast forward) Sunday night. I noted a couple of things:



Daft Punk joined Kanye West on the song he sampled from them, melding their two versions nicely. (Also ties in with my recent post about the song.)




The steel guitar player in Brad Paisley's band was wearing a Pac-Man sweatshirt, which I first heard about on Shari's blog. (Note to self: check out more Brad Paisley. He was really good, and funny, and kinda cute.)




Cher still looks terrific. How does she do that? I couldn't say as much about that getup she was wearing.

Kat Giantis is a celebrity fashion columnist. I don't usually care too much about celebrity news, but her reviews are just so entertaining. Here's what Kat Giantis had to say about Cher at the Grammys:

"Cher and Cher Alike: We've long believed that when the apocalypse comes, the last ones standing will be some hardy cockroaches and the irrepressible, replacement-parts-filled Cher. Now, thanks to the time-rewinding pop-culture icon's appearance at the Grammys, we know exactly what she'll be wearing to the end of the world, which more than likely will be triggered by the cumulative effect of her five decades of deliciously epic fashion disasters. Cher descends on the ceremony in her post-Armageddon finest, wrapping the crumpled remains of a Toyota Prius around her waist and sporting a versatile moth-eaten mesh and chain-link blouse, which can easily take her from a daytime dance sequence with a "Love Is a Battlefield"-belting, rag-wrapped Pat Benatar to a night out with Mad Max at Thunderdome. As for her Duracell 'do (you know, copper top -- and yes, we're seriously sorry for that), we figure the wig's purpose is twofold: It'll keep her looking fiercely wacky in the stylist-free wasteland that is the future, and it will protect her noodle from any peckish zombies on the prowl for brains."

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh, yeah. Brad Paisley is quite clever. His song "Alcohol" first caught my attention. His videos for "Celebrity" and "I'm Gonna Miss Her" are pretty funny! I can't help respecting his versatile talent. (See "When I Get Where I'm Goin'" and "Little Moments" for some touching sentiments.)