Saturday, April 7

Blue Man Group

Last night Brad and I got to do something we don't do very often anymore: attend a big concert. Blue Man Group was at the Fargodome on their Megastar 2.0 Tour. It was a multi-media, mulit-sensory concert experience, including text messages to audience cell phones.

Here's a video clip that demonstrates the humor they work into their act. It also includes the highlight of the show for me: a version of Donna Summer's "I Feel Love". Guest vocalist Adrian Haley wore an awesome dress that was lit up in bands of colors, which were mimicked on all the video screens.


Mike Relm was the opening act. He was only one guy, but he nearly stole the whole show. He's a scratch DJ with crazy skills. The best part was that he scratches video with his audio in real time. Amazing! This played out really well on the giant video screens. The best segment of his set was a bit from "Office Space". This one's not as good as the set we saw, but here's a clip:


While I enjoyed the show and was very glad to be on a date at a concert, I couldn't help wishing a few times that I was at a Justin Timberlake concert...

No comments: