Tuesday, May 16

The Next Generation

This is Dylan (center) and his friends Nick & Ethan. They come to play at our house every Wednesday after school. The kids call it "Dylan Day". A few weeks ago, our old king-size mattress was in the living room, and they used it as a stage for their band. They closed all the blinds and set up stage lighting (note glowing light sabres in the background). Nick played drums, and Dylan played guitar. They lip-synched to the song "Perfect" that they played on Connor's Little Tykes CD player. It was so cute.

When I asked if I could take their picture, Ethan didn't want to be in it because he was running the CD player. He said he was the manager. I said he could pose with the band anyway.

I have memories of a scene similar to this when my friends Lisa Tacket and Joanne Bournival and I used to sing along to my parents' Beach Boys cassette in our living room. We stood on stools and sang at full volume. Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda...

No comments: